The Grimoire is a collectable item in Vermintide. The Grimoires are items found during missions that boost the quality of dice used when rolling for loot at the end of that mission.
Summary[edit | edit source]
The Grimoires are found in set locations within the main missions of the campaign. Holding a Grimoire reduces the parties health by 33% and takes up the potion's inventory slot, but rewards the player with a Grimoire die upon completion. If players complete a mission while carrying a Grimoire in their item slot, all players have one of their loot die boosted in quality (the die will have 6 "success" faces instead of the normal 2, thus guaranteeing one success). Grimoires are very hidden and require much more searching to find than Tomes, however, tomes and Grimoires always spawn in the same location in each map. Grimoires are dangerous to carry and reduce the max health of all players by 33%. This effect stacks up to 66% max health reduction.
Tips[edit | edit source]
- Selecting and throwing a Grimoire will cause it to disintegrate.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Can only be found on the main missions (denoted by a gold border on the mission map).
- Each mission has Three tomes and Two Grimoires. The effects of multiple tomes and Grimoires stack, increasing the quality of an additional dice.
- Take up the attack buff item slot when carried.
- Can be dropped by exchanging them for a buff potion on the ground.
- A Grimoire die has a 100% chance of increasing your loot item tier upon completion of the level.
- Can be used to block and push when wielded (equip them using the same button for taking out a buff potion).