The Packmaster is one of the Enemies in Vermintide.
Summary[edit | edit source]
Packmasters are Clan Moulder Troops tasked with driving packs of ravening beasts into battle using whips and intimidation to spur their charges into a frenzy of teeth and claws. However, the Packmasters hired by Clan Fester in their assault on Ubersreik are predominantly equipped with things-catchers, a pole arm designed to incapacitate opponents by strangulation. It is still unknown why Clan Fester has paid the extra Warpstone tokens for this somewhat unusual specialization.
Without support from the rest of the group, the heroes will face inevitable death when caught by a Packmaster. After catching his prey, the Moulder-kin will first try to put as much distance as possible between the captured hero and the rest of the team. When ready, the Packmaster will hoist the helpless victim into the air, and end the hero's life through a gruesome hanging.
Stats[edit | edit source]
Abilities[edit | edit source]
- Packmasters grab Heroes by the neck with their things-catchers, disabling them and pulling them away from the rest of the team.
- After pulling the captured hero a certain distance, the Packmaster will plant its pole arm into the ground, strangling the hero and leaving him or her helpless.
Tips[edit | edit source]
- The presence of a Packmaster is made recognizable by the clacking of the skulls they wear on their person.
- They are weak and can be killed quite easily, prioritize these Skaven to prevent them from dragging away a teammate.
- After a failed attack the Packmaster will retreat for several seconds and then attempt another catch. Make sure you killed him the first time.
- If you are trying to save a teammate who has been hung from the pole, beware that the Packmaster will be lurking nearby and may hook you before you can save your friend.
- Packmaster's catching move can be evaded if you dodge to the side as he starts his animation. Dodge backwards, especially with two-handed or dual weapons, is unlikely to work.
|Skavens||• Clanrat • Gutter Runner • Packmaster • Poison Wind Globadier • Rat Ogre • Ratling Gunner • Skavenslaves • Stormvermin • Chieftain Krench|