The Chieftain Krench is one of the Enemies in Vermintide.
Summary[edit | edit source]
Krench is a Chieftain of Clan Fester. During the siege of Ubersreik he and a force of Skaven traveled to the nearby town of Stromdorf, overwhelming Imperial watchtowers in their path and eventually dominating the entire town. At some point he tricked members of the town into attempting to negotiate a truce, only to butcher them within a building. Krench is later killed, along with many of the other Skaven in Stromdorf, by the actions of the heroes.
Stats[edit | edit source]
The fight[edit | edit source]
Beating Krench can be a difficult task especially in Cataclysm. This is mainly due to the relatively small window of damage potential during the fight, before he steps back, and begins summoning Stormvermin. This can often lead into a survival, before the Cheiftain begins attacking again, and the process starts anew. Clan rats will continuously spawn during the boss fight which can often down unaware players focusing on dealing damage to the boss.
Strategies[edit | edit source]
A very efficient strategy to beating Krench on any difficulty is to bring regular bombs and Strength potions, preferably with atleast one player with the potion share trinket. Krench will summon stormvermin after his first Spinning attack. If the Chieftain is knocked down by a bomb in this attack, the boss will no longer spawn stormvermin for the rest of the fight, making the encounter considerably easier.
Use strength potions whenever possible, as this amplifies damage, and makes regular attacks damage armor.
Abilities[edit | edit source]
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Krench's shield bubble reduces all ranged damage taken by 50%, and makes him immune to ranged headshots.
- Getting into melee range of Krench during his summoning phase causes him to use his spin attack to knock anyone close to him away.
- Regular Bombs knock Krench to the ground.
- Just like damage to ogres, damage to Krench counts as boss damage and gets added for the end screen.
- No additional specials are summoned/spawned whilst in the arena with Krench.
|Skavens||• Clanrat • Gutter Runner • Packmaster • Poison Wind Globadier • Rat Ogre • Ratling Gunner • Skavenslaves • Stormvermin • Chieftain Krench|