The Rat Ogre is one of the Enemies in Vermintide.
Summary[edit | edit source]
Few enemies are as terrifying or as dangerous as the primary export of clan Moulder; the Rat Ogre.
As their name would suggest, these hulking monstrosities tower well above the head of any man, elf or certainly dwarf that would stand before them. Their tremendous strength and surprising agility has meant the end of many a would be hero. Considering their voracious appetite to boot, it was not likely their end was graceful.
Upon hearing the terrifying roar of the beast, one would do best to seek allies. Further; for all its strength, agility and considerable odor, the beast is lacking in intelligence. Capable of focusing on only a single foe at once, it is best to note whom the beast has settled upon as its next meal and prevent the creature from tasting anything more than steel and flames. For those unfortunate enough to be locked within its maddened gaze, escape is unlikely. Though defense is not impossible, expect to be winded and flying backward even from a successful attempt, unless one has the skill to parry his blows immediately as they arrive.
For those with explosives and tinctures of strength or speed, the Rat Ogre provides an excellent excuse to use them immediately.
Stats[edit | edit source]
|Difficulty||Health||Blocked Melee Slam||Fling Skaven||Melee Shove||Melee Slam|
Abilities[edit | edit source]
- The Rat Ogre will not only slam its gigantic fists into the player, it will also throw the player into the air and several meters backwards. Be especially careful around ledges or big groups of Clanrats.
- Despite its bulk, it moves much faster than the heroes, easily capable of chasing down a fleeing enemy.
Tips[edit | edit source]
- Dodge or block his attacks at the right moment. While powerful, his attacks can clearly be seen coming, as he pulls back a fist to strike, or raises his arms for a crushing slam. The gap after he misses a swing can be used to counter-attack.
- Normal movement alone is insufficient to escape his wrath, as his speed allows him to easily catch a fleeing hero. Well-timed dodges will work, however.
- Hack, stab and bludgeon him once he focuses on one of your teammates.
- Saving strength/speed potions for the Rat Ogre is advised, to help you (and your teammates, if you have the potion share trinket) to kill the Rat Ogre much faster.
- Explosive bombs will deal some damage to the ogre, and more importantly they will stun him for several seconds allowing for an easy, safe aimed ranged-fire barrage from your team and even a revive of a downed teammate if necessary.
- Fire bombs, by contrast, will have very little effect on the Rat Ogre, and may instead distract and compromise the aim of teammates caught in the blast radius. A better use for a fire bomb during an ogre battle is to decimate an incoming horde or block off its access to the ogre battle area.
- If the Rat Ogre battle occurs near cliffs, ledges, or bridges that overlook a dead-drop, the ogre can be removed from the game by using the push of an explosive bomb detonation to shove it over an edge. Note that defeating a Rat Ogre in this way will not count as a "Rat Ogre Kill" for a Bounty Board Contract.
|Skavens||• Clanrat • Gutter Runner • Packmaster • Poison Wind Globadier • Rat Ogre • Ratling Gunner • Skavenslaves • Stormvermin • Chieftain Krench|